Quality Colour Printing
Colour printing that really makes your business stand out
Colour printing 101
Whether it's from a desktop or professional printer, the basics of printing are the same:
- There are four basic colours: Cyan (blue), Magenta (a pink-purple) Yellow and K (which stands for black). Thus, the term 'CMYK'
- These four colours are mixed in percentages to produce hundreds, if not thousands, of variations (the human eye can distinguish up to one million different colours)
- A printer lays down micro 'dots' onto paper
- DPI stands for dot per inch - the higher the DPI (also known as resolution), the better the final product
- The paper you print on also affects the final product. Thinner paper (gsm) makes the ink 'bleed'. Thicker paper or card 'holds' the colour. The whiteness of the paper can affect the colour
The colour printing specialists
Snap has been in the business of printing since 1899. That's right, almost twelve decades of printing experience. Contact your local Snap Centre to discuss a range of colour printing solutions to suit you.